Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Visiting Manila / Visitando Manila

It is amazing how busy I have been since I got here! There was a change in plans (or at least the way I had understood them); so, since we stayed in Manila today and Fr. Steve took me around to show me some of the sights. I will eventually get around to writing more, but I wanted to be sure to share the pictures with you right now.

¡De veras estoy bien ocupando desde mi primer momento aquí! Había un cambio en planes (o por lo menos según cuanto había yo entendido antes de venir); por eso hemos permanecidos en Manila hoy y padre Esteban me llevó para Manila para ensenarme unos lugares interesantes. Eventualmente encontraré el tiempo para escribir mas, pero no quería esperar aquel momento para compartir estas fotos con ustedes.

This is one of the main rivers that goes through Manila. (And that is Fr. Steve standing in front of the river with Manila in the background.) Many people make their living picking the garbage for things they can sell… in this case whatever happens to be floating down the river.
Este es uno de los ríos principales que pasa por Manila. (Y él es padre Esteban en frente al rio con los edificios de Manila a la otra orilla.) Muchos aquí sobreviven vendiendo cuanto encuentran en la basura… en este caso lo que está en el rio.


Father Steve also took me to visit Fort Santiago, a very old Spanish-era (colonial times) fort. Here is also the place where they killed a great Filipino patriot: Jose Rizal.
Padre Steve me enseno también el Forte Santiago (de tiempos coloniales bajo los españoles). Es el lugar donde mataron a un grande patriota filipino: Jose Rizal.



We also visited a church where the pipe organ is constructed almost entirely of bamboo!
Y también visitamos a una iglesia donde hay un órgano construido casi todo de bambú!

















No comments:

Post a Comment