Monday, September 28, 2009

at the airport / en el aeropuerto

It is now about 1:45pm on Monday. I stayed up all night doing laundry, packing, finishing up All Saints parish stuff, and then straightening my room. (I hate coming home to a messy room and office… and since I’m not married I guess I have to do it myself!!!) I did manage to take a two-hour nap during the night, and I feel good.

I went to the PIME house to leave my car there, and to have one last home-cooked American meal before leaving the country. The cook, Liz, is really a great person… and an excellent cook. But she didn’t realize that I would be traveling for the next 20 hours in close proximity to several hundred persons. I say this because she made CHILI!!!!! She really makes some of the best chili I’ve ever tasted, but I couldn’t eat it out of respect for those I’d be traveling with!!! So we looked in the back of the refrigerator and found some focaccia pizza. Together with some fruit I had a pretty good meal.

Then… it was off to the airport! My superior, Fr. Ken, who spent quite a few years as a missionary in Japan, took me. And after an extremely smooth check-in (I’ve never seen the airport with this few people in it) here I am blogging to all of you. I am scheduled to leave at 3:20pm local time for the 13-hour flight to Tokyo. After a 2hour 15 minute layover I board another plane for the 3hour 40 minute flight to Manila. I’ll get in at about 11:10pm local time.

I’ve downloaded some movies from Amazon unbox to watch during my flight. I’ll critique them and let you know what I think of them. “17 Again” looked pretty funny.

It’s kind of rainy and winds are gusting outside. I hope the flight goes well! See you in Tokyo!!!!

Ahora es la 1:45pm el lunes. Yo estaba despierto toda la noche lavando mis ropas, preparando mis equipajes, terminando las tareas de oficina para la parroquia de Todos Los Santos, y poniendo todas mis cosas en su lugar en mi recamara y oficina. (Odio encontrar desorden cuando regreso a casa después de unas vacaciones… y no tengo esposa por eso tengo que hacer toda la limpieza por mi propia cuanta!!!) Gracias a Dios hice una siesta por dos horas durante la noche, y ya me siento bien.

Pues fui a la casa del PIME para que me revisen mi Jeep… y también para comer una ultima cena “de casa” antes de salir de los Estados Unidos. Nuestra cocinera, Liz, sabe cocinar bien bien. Pero pienso que no sabía que yo iba a viajar por las próximas 20 horas bien pegados a como 300 personas porque me preparo’ CHILI (un caldo con frijoles y chilis picantes)! Decidí no comerlo por respecto a los demás pasajeros que voy a encontrar en el avión!!! Pero hemos encontrado unos pedacitos de pizza y los comí. Pizza y fruta – Buena comida antes de viajar.

Pues – al aeropuerto!!! Mi superior, padre Ken Mazur (que pasó varios años como misionero en Japón) me llevó. Hice el check-in sin problemas, porque el aeropuerto parece casi vacio! Y aquí estoy, escribiendo a todos ustedes. El avión va a salir a las 3:20pm (tiempo Detroit) para el vuelo de 13 horas hacia Tokio. Pues tengo 2 horas para el transbordo y un otro vuelo de 3 horas y 0 minutos. Llegare’ en Manila, Filipinas, a las 11pm tiempo local.

Me he preparado para el vuelo con unas películas que voy a mirar… pues les hago saber se a mi me gustaron o no. “De Nuevo 17” me parecía bien cómica.

Afuera hay lluvia y tira mucho el viento. Espero que salga todo bien. Nos vemos en Tokio!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment