Sunday, September 27, 2009

Are we ready yet? Ya estamos listos?

Right now it is Sunday evening 10:35pm here in Detroit, and would you believe that I still have to pack for my trip? Today was busy with Masses, communion visits, and then doing last minute shopping for our missionaries from overseas. I suppose that I won't sleep much tonight, but I guess that means I will hopefully sleep during the flight. (Those poor people... I snore!)

One of my young parishioners, Danielle, gave me this cute bear which you see here. Isn't it just the best! It even has its own little travel suitcase and passport. That was an extremely thoughtful gift, and believe it or not he is going to accompany me on this trip!!! You'll see him in the Philippines and Thailand for sure. Myanmar... we'll have to see. (It's so nice I would hate for them to confiscate it!)


OK. That's enough - I have to pack!!! Talk to you soon.



Ahora es Domingo, 10:35pm aquí en Detroit… y ¡todavía tengo que EMPEZAR a preparar mis equipajes! Hoy era un día bien lleno – con misas, llevando comunión, haciendo compras para nuestros misioneros, etc. Imagino que yo no vaya a dormir mucho esta noche, pero ojala signifique que dormiré durante el vuelo. (Pobrecitos los demás pasajeros… ¡yo ronco fuerte!!!)

Una de mis feligreses mas jóvenes, Daniele, me dio este oso que vean aquí. ¡Que bonito! El oso tiene también su equipaje chiquito y su pasaporte. Se ve que esta muchacha pensó mucho en que regalo hacer, y por eso ya decidí que ¡ese oso me va a acompañar en mis viajes! Lo van a ver en la Filipinas y en Tailandia; tengo que ver si será posible que entre en Myanmar (Birmania); ¡no quiero que me lo confisquen en la frontera!

OK. Ya basta. Tengo que preparar mi equipaje. ¡Hablamos a rato!

No comments:

Post a Comment