Sunday, October 11, 2009

And on the 7th day he rested

I think that all of the traveling finally caught up with me. My feet are swollen (and I’ve never seen them like that!!!), I’m tired, I have a headache, and I just don’t feel good. So today I am just staying around the mission house in Fang resting.
(I have to say something here, and I can only hope y’all understand. Mass this morning was an hour-and-a-half and I did not understand a single word. I now love my mother even more because through all these years of my world travels she would sit through Masses in languages she didn’t understand without even a small complaint. I know that Mass is Mass, but when it is in Thai and you don’t speak a single word of it, it is so hard to stay focused and feel prayerful for the whole time. Mom – I love you!! And now I understand what it must have been like for you!)

1 comment:

  1. We are so enjoying your trip and can almost feel the hot wind blowing through our hair as we travel in the tuk-tuk with you. (Our feet are also wet from helping dismantle the wooden structures.) Ah, yes, virtual travel.
    Peace be with you on your journey home.
    Liz, Betsy, Bill, and Mark at Perry Funeral Home
    Detroit

    ReplyDelete